Department of Engineering and Technical Department
Mandate of the Department
The Engineering and Technical Department Department is mandated to prepare the Institutional budget, manage and account for both expenditure and revenue for the Municipality.
The Department has positioned its self to re-engineer its processes and roll out an efficient financial management system which will support the business of the Municipality.
Core functions of the Department
- The unit is responsible for designing, implementation and maintenance of infrastructure, giving technical support and controlling infrastructure developments in the Municipality, in terms of defining structural designs, carrying out road works and maintenance of municipality infrastructure. The unit guides the municipality on the urban structural design, infrastructure improvement and road network development in the municipality.
- To review the functional designs and contract professional firms to revamp the municipality infrastructure, road network, and manage transport for a modern and easily accessible municipality.
- Plan, design and manage the construction, rehabilitation, upgrading and periodic maintenance of the municipality Roads including the Road marking and signage.
- Plan, design and manage the provision of traffic and street lighting for the municipality.
- Plan, design and manage the construction and maintenance of the municipality Building Infrastructure Monitor and propose areas for improvement of Municipality traffic
- Plan, design and manage street parking space and other facilities in the Municipality
- Plan, design and manage public transportation in the Municipality
Kampala-Jinja Rd, Lugazi, Uganda
Tel: +256(0)434 669 186